Welcome to Love Your Library! This is a monthly feature where I talk about all of my library activities from the last month. Since I've already written six blogs in the last week, I will not bother with an extra-long introduction. I really want to start reading some of those freebies and new TBR suggestions from all the other Five Fall Favourites bloggers. The less time I spend writing this, the sooner that I can get to that--and all the chores I've put off this week. The first section is my mini reviews for the past month's library reads, and if you read to the end, you can hear about what else I've been up-to lately.
READ
- Joined at the Joints by Marissa Eller - Ivy loves baking more than spending time with her peers, and her social anxiety is only extenuated by her battle with chronic illness. When she meets a cute boy with the same illness in a support group for teens with chronic illness, she thinks she may have finally found someone who can relate to her. The whole book I wondered if this was going to have a "John Green" ending, but it does not. However, it is an emotional and straightforward coming of age story because it is inspired by the author's own diagnosis of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. ★★★★☆ CONTENT WARNINGS: Language, Chronic illness, social anxiety, kissing and embraces, talk of birth control and talk of s*x, LGBTQ+ characters. Read on Libby
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro - A new generation of Holmes and Watson are attending the same boarding school in New England. Framed for a crime they didn't commit, the descendants of Holmes and Watson have to navigate high school, a messy guy-girl friendship, and a killer plot to survive. This is a fast-paced story full of action and danger, with just a hint of will-they/won't-they romance. If you enjoy male narrators with British accents, I highly recommend the audiobook. ★★★★☆ Listened to on Hoopla. CONTENT WARNINGS: Language, drug use, underaged drinking, mentions r*pe, mentions s*icide but nothing happens on the page, violence, and death. Reb's Recs 2026.
- The Petulant Princess by M. A. Frick - Sainte rescued six-year-old Princess Elspeth from her tyrannical older brother after her brother was named regent following their father's death. For fifteen years she's hidden in a faraway country. He returns prior to her twenty-first birthday, to bring her back to challenge her brother's claim to the throne. In order to ascend the throne, she will have to pass three religious rites and earn the support of her people. I enjoyed the fantasy challenges, but the romance had an uncomfortable age gap. It bothered me that she was 21, while he an undetermined middle age. They had known each other since she was a small child, and although the author tries to start their "romance" when she was 16, it still reads like she's been infatuated with him since she was a little girl. I was completely grossed out every time they got romantic. ★★★☆☆ Listened to on Hoopla. CONTENT WARNINGS: Language (including made up swear words), violence, injuries, kissing, embracing, and talk of s*x. 12 Recs from 12 Friends 2026
- My Hero Academia, Vol. 2 by Kohei Horikoshi - During volume 2 of this popular Manga, Izuku begins his hero training which devolves into a personal vendetta where he's singled out by a classmate. Then his class begins their rescue training, only for it to get crashed by supervillains hoping to fight All Might. I was feeling like reading a superhero book. It was exciting and (over) dramatic. Izuku is a likable and inspiring aspiring hero. However, this series introduces so many different characters all at once, and that makes it tough to remember and recognize them all. ★★★☆☆ CONTENT WARNINGS: Language, violence, and injuries. Read on Libby.
- Eyes Like Stars by Ashley Poston - When Ardent sneaks away from her family's space tour ship to buy a holo-novel from an antique seller on Coruscant, she runs into a firefight between First Order extremists, and a clever thief. Sian didn't mean to catch the First Order's attention, but he was searching for a valuable artifact, and now he needs Ardent's help to get off Coruscant. The author of Geekerella is back writing another YA romance with a nerdy twist. I was excited based on the fact that I wanted to read her fictional sci-fi series in that series, so her writing a Star Wars romance, was just perfection. The plot was exciting and fast-paced, the characters were as real and relatable as science fiction gets, and the cameos were star studded. I would watch this book as movie or mini-series. The audiobook included additional sound effects and a narrator who did decent impersonations of the fan favorite characters. ★★★★★ CONTENT WARNINGS: Language (including made up swearwords), violence, injuries, kissing, undressing the guy's shirt, and LGBTQ+ characters. Listened to on Libby.
- Absolutely Not in Love by Jenny Proctor - For my first book of fall, I picked one with ultimate fall vibes. This one has a picturesque small town with changing leaves, fall festivals, back to school, and hockey season. (Is that actually in fall? I've never watched.) Gracie is a band teacher playing symphony and cello gigs on the weekends for extra money. Felix is a pro-hockey player--in the minor leagues. He's also her next-door neighbor, but beyond that she wants nothing to do with hockey players. When a water pipe bursts in her apartment, he's eager to help out. She stays in his guest room while repairs made. They get to know each other and start to learn how much they have in common. He falls first, but he's a protective, cinnamon roll with social anxiety. I enjoyed Gracie's simple life as a music teacher and weekend musician since I find it relatable. This book was full of lovable laugh out loud moments. ★★★★★ CONTENT WARNINGS: Kissing and embracing, language, social anxiety, mentions of s*x. Listened to on Hoopla. 12 Recs from 12 Friends 2026 IG Post
Currently Reading
- Climbing Rejection Mountain: An Actor's Path to Success, Stability, and Self-Esteem by Nick Wyman, Michael X. Martin
- Batman: Resurrection by John Jackson Miller
- Adversary to the Villain by Hannah Nicole Maehrer
- Eclipse the Stars by Maura Milan
- Why You Should Read Children's Books Though You Are So Old and Wise by Katherine Rundell
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- The Haunted Showboat (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories) by Carolyn Keene
Checked Out, To Be Read
- Once Plate at a Time by Demi Lovato
- The Hollywood Report: August 12, 2026 (Magazine)
- Save the Cat Writes a d Young Adult Novel by Jessica Brody
- Why You Should Read Children's Books Though You Are So Old and Wise by Katherine Rundell
- Teen Wolf: 1985 (DVD)
- Never a Hero by Vanessa Len
- The Hardest Ones to Fool by Christina Li
- Lycanthropy and Other Chronic Illnesses by Kristen O'Neal
- The Escape Game by Marissa Meyer and Tamara Moss IG Post
- In the Blood by April Henry
In The Reservation Queue
- Autopsy of a Fairytale by Nicole Scarano
- The Ending Writes Itself by Evelyn Clarke
- What to Cook When You Don't Feel Like Cooking: Make It Fast by Caroline Chambers
- Hiding from the Dark: A Star Wars Horror Novel by Kiersten White
- Once, Again, Always by Amanda Gayle
- How to Kill a Guy in 10 Dates by Shilee Thomson IG Reel
- The Sixth Fraction by Veronica Roth
On Hold, To Be Picked Up
- What We Did to Survive by Megan Lally
- Happy Death Day (DVD)
- A Nancy Drew Mystery Story 25. The Haunted Showboat by Carolyn Keene
Returned Unread
- Force of Choas (Power Rangers) by Diana Ma - I think this is the third or maybe even fourth time I've checked this book out because I really want to read it, but I can't seem to finish a physical book.
- Syllabus; Notes from an Accidental Professor by Linda Barry - After a rough first few months this year, I wanted to revitalize my creativity. This is a very colorful book full of prompts and inspiration, but it was too zany for me.
- The Hollywood Reporter (Magazine): June 16, 2026 - I felt like reading some actual Hollywood news not just celebrity gossip, as I checked this out, but I forgot about it in a pile until it was time to return it.
- Styling for Instagram by Leela Cyd - Different pile, but otherwise same as the one before.
- Rogue Princess by B. R. Myres - Another one I keep trying to read, and I keep saying I'll read it as soon as I finish enough of my current reads.
- Star Wars: Crimson Climb by E. K. Johnston - I love Johnston's Ashoka book and is about the most interesting character from the Solo, Qi'ra. I used it for a May the 4th read earlier this year. IG Reel
- Star Splitter by Matthew J. Kirby - I thought I would use this book for October Mysteries and Thrillers last year, but I didn't get it in time.
Most of September felt like hibernating with my library check outs and returns. Much of my bookish time this month was spent preparing for Five Fall Favourites and next month's October Mysteries and Thrillers. Last week I started checking out the books and DVDs so a few of those TBR titles will be featured on Instagram next month. For this first part of this month's reading, I a wasn't really feeling excited about my books, but the last two were my favorites of the month. Come back next month for another mega list of library books. Because I've been reading more mysteries and thrillers than ever before to prepare; I will have actually read several of them and will include links to my Goodreads reviews.
Thank you for reading today! I will be back in October with more books.
Over on Instagram, I have also been semi-inactive. I didn't get any book reviews finished, but I did try a new day-in-my-reading-life vlog style post. It took some work to put together, but I'm happy with the result, so I'll try it again, when I have some time.
I keep talking about a legendary fan fiction piece. It's still a legend, since it's not ready yet. Who knows, maybe I will work on it this week since I won't be writing a blog day. Speaking of those blog-a-day blogs I wrote last week. I will include links to the Five Fall Faviourites posts below. I'm happy with how they turned out. I've been debating on whether to do some of form of Novel Writing in November. I probably won't do 1,667 words a-day, but I'm consider either a lower word count goal or maybe writing or plotting for a certain amount of time each day. How do you like to write? Any suggestions for alternative goals?
Read Monday's blog here: Day 1 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Community/Neighborhood
Read Tuesday's blog here: Day 2 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Traditions
Read Wednesday's blog here: Day 3 | Five Fall Favourites: 2026: Hobbies
Read Tuesday's blog here: Day 2 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Traditions
Read Wednesday's blog here: Day 3 | Five Fall Favourites: 2026: Hobbies
Read Thursday's blog here: Day 4 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Arts
Read Friday's blog here: Day 5 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Family
Read Saturday's blog here: Day 6 | Five Fall Favourites 2026: Best of 2026
#LoveYourLibrary
Thank you, Rebecca for coming up with this blog challenge that encourages me to read and write every month. Check out her blog, Bookish Beck.
I love making Bookish Friends! Follow me on Instagram Skai_BooksAndBracelets.
Stay up to date on all reading and reviews by following on Goodreads.

)%20(6).png)
.png)






.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment